Send all drawings, results and other news to
fieldtrialcentral@gmail.com

Thursday, October 2, 2014

CH JETSETTER PASSES

Sadness passed over me.  I feel no shame in telling you that when I heard that CH Jetsetter passed earlier this week I shed a tear.  When Jet was a puppy I remember vividly seeing him run on Jim's lease near Duncan, OK with his littermate sister Winter Sunrise who I was lucky enough to own (she was a gift from Jim and Sherri at a tough time in my life that probably kept me in field trials and maybe even bird dogs).    Those dogs went through the country in search of game and found some, exciting Jim and I (and our buddy Dr Charles Wolfe who was riding with us that day) in the process it was obvious how much talent they had. Over the years I was lucky enough to see Jet run at Columbus ND, Solon Springs WI, Ardmore OK, Inola OK and Ames Plantation for the Hobart Ames.  I wish I would have been able to see him during the National at Ames but maybe more than that it would have been priceless to watch Jim as the 3 hour brace went on.  It was fun to ride at places like Inola with Jim where he could point out every find and describe every great move Jet made in previous trials.  Jet really was special to Jim and Sherri and it was always obvious.  I was lucky enough to spend some time with Jets sire High Definition also and these dogs although not bred enough are leaving a mark on the setter world.  Rest well old Jet I was lucky to have patted you on the head.

I would be remiss to not mention how important Allen Vincent was in Jets life and career, and probably Jet was that important to Allen also.  My condolences go out to the whole Team.  I am sure a proper obituary will appear in The American Field. 

Here is a short clip from Brad Harters video from the 2009 National Championship.  You can purchase this video along with several others here.  National Championship Videos



 

No comments:

Post a Comment