Send all drawings, results and other news to
fieldtrialcentral@gmail.com

Friday, November 13, 2009

2009 National Bird Dog Championship Video-A Review

I recently received my copy of the 2009 National Championship Video and I was very pleased with what I found.  The video quality continues to improve and the narration was very well done.  It is not often that we from other circuits or parts of the country get to see the dogs that compete in this trial, so this is an opportunity that should not be missed.

The video gives great representation of the kind of country these dogs traverse in this trial as well as a good look at these dogs not only around birds but also on the ground.  Anyone who has tried to video a field trial or just dogs in training appreciates the difficulty of this task.  It also gives you somewhat of a feel of how the handlers and scouts interact.  I don't mind saying that after watching the video I found myself craving a field trial as well as starting to think about aquiring a new pup or two out of a couple of these champions.

I am sure that most the the buyers of these videos are mostly all age trialers and that concentrate on pointers, but I would have to believe that any bird dog owner, and most certainly all field trialers, would surely enjoy this video.

The video can be ordered here.   http://www.pleasanthillproductions.com/  and I would recommend you do so if you are a fan of bird dogs of any persuasion.  

Bill Holtan

1 comment:

  1. I agree Bill, the quality keeps getting better and better. The sound is excellent as well.....my dogs perk up their ears when the hear the gun shots and handlers squalling.

    This years seems a little shorter than last and did not contain the introduction footage. Last years had a good segment featuring Sean Derrig preparing his dog.

    All in all well worth the price

    ReplyDelete